Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Hot weather

In cold climes (like upstate NY), the weather report in the winter includes an estimate of the length of time it will take exposed flesh to freeze. Presumably, if this time is short enough, one knows not to take the mittens off for any reason.

We've finally received the heat wave from the Midwest, and I wonder -- should they include an estimate of the length of time it would take for exposed flesh to fry?

It's really my fault for choosing today to attack the weeds in the front garden. Three hours of weeding, even in the late afternoon/early evening, was very warm indeed. Although, frankly, the mosquitoes bothered me much more than the heat.

I'm excited to be back on the internet! My computer developed an allergy to the internet, but Q was finally able to fix it. Yippee! I feel alive again! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment